Extraordinary Meeting of the Hawke's Bay Regional Council
Date: Wednesday 18 March 2020
Hawke's Bay Regional Council
159 Dalton Street
Item Subject Page
2. Conflict of Interest Declarations
3. Confirmation of Minutes of the Regional Council Meeting held on 26 February 2020
4. Recommendations from the Regional Planning Committee 3
Wednesday 18 March 2020
Subject: Recommendations from the Regional Planning Committee
Reason for Report
1. Immediately prior to this meeting of the Regional Council, the Regional Planning Committee will consider, for recommendation to Council:
1.1. an amendment to and notification of the Proposed TANK Plan Change
1.2. a request received from the Federated Farmers to initiate a streamlined planning process (SPP) to change the Hawke’s Bay Regional Resource Management Plan (RRMP) for the Tukituki Catchment to recalibrate nitrogen leaching rates in Table 5.9.1D using the current version of Overseer FM.
2. In relation to the TANK Plan Change notification item, Council officers recommended that the RPC agree to amend Policy 37 of the Proposed TANK Plan Change to insert reference to 90 million cubic meters as the interim allocation limit for the Heretaunga Plains groundwater and consequentially amend the section 32 report, and that the amended plan change be notified for public submissions on 28 March 2020, for a period of 27 working days ending 8 May 2020.
3. Council officers did not recommend a preferred outcome to the RPC for the Tukituki: Request for Plan Change item, instead providing the Committee with an assessment of the two options to either:
3.1. not proceed with a technical plan change to recalibrate the nitrogen figures, or
3.2. request that staff undertake preliminary consultation on a possible plan change to recalibrate the nitrogen figures.
Decision Making Process
4. This item was specifically considered by the Regional Planning Committee on 18 March 2020 and is now the subject of the following recommendations to Council.
The Regional Planning Committee recommends that Hawke’s Bay Regional Council:
1. Agrees that the decisions to be made are not significant under the criteria contained in Council’s adopted Significance and Engagement Policy, and that Council can exercise its discretion and make decisions on this issue without conferring directly with the community or persons likely to have an interest in the decision.
2. Receives and accepts the recommendations (to be tabled) from the Regional Planning Committee being:
Authored by: Approved by: