Meeting of the Hawke's Bay Regional Council
Date: Wednesday 21 June 2017 – the Regional Council meeting adjourned at 3.25pm on 12 June will reconvene
Time: 9.00am – 10.45am
Hawke's Bay Regional Council
159 Dalton Street
Item Subject Page
2. Conflict of Interest Declarations
2017-18 Annual Plan
Deliberations to resolve decisions on 12 June 2017
Agenda item 4 3
Wednesday 21 June 2017
SUBJECT — 2017-18 Annual Plan Deliberations
Reason for Report
1. This report outlines the process to be undertaken upon reconvening the Regional Council Meeting, adjourned at 3.25pm on 12 June 2017, at 9am on Wednesday 21 June 2017.
2. The Council heard verbal submissions from those wishing to speak on 12 June, and will now consider those and the written submissions received, along with the Officers’ responses, in order to resolve its decisions affecting the 2017-18 Annual Plan.
3. Following the meeting, the 2017-18 Annual Plan documents will be amended in accordance with Council’s resolutions made today, and then distributed as part of the 28 June 2017 Regional Council Agenda for adoption.
Decision Making Process
4. Council is required to make every decision in accordance with Part 6 Sub-Part 1, of the Local Government Act 2002 (the Act). Staff have assessed the requirements contained within this section of the Act in relation to this item and have concluded:
4.1. Sections 83 and 85 of the Act set out the requirements of the Act where the special consultative procedure applies to consideration of the draft 2017-18 Annual Plan.
4.2. The issues to be considered in this paper are those issues raised by members of the community that have submitted to the Council on the Draft Annual Plan. All submissions are an integral part of the special consultative processes set out in Section 83 and 85 of the Local Government Act 2002.
1. Agrees that the decisions to be made on issues submitted on the Draft 2017-18 Annual Plan are made after the provisions included in sections 83 and 85 of the Local Government Act 2002 have been followed.
2. Receives and considers the verbal and written submissions, and the HBRC Officers’ Responses to the points raised in the written submissions.
Group Manager External Relations