MINUTES OF A meeting of the Tenders Committee
Date: Wednesday 4 November 2015
Hawke's Bay Regional Council
159 Dalton Street
In Attendance: E Lambert – Chief Executive
M Adye – Group Manager Asset Management
L Kuta – Principle Design Engineer
L Hooper – Governance & Corporate Administration Manager
The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting. There were no apologies, nor notices.
2. Conflict of Interest Declarations
There were no conflict of interest declarations.
3. Confirmation of Open and Public Excluded Minutes of the Tenders Committee Meeting Held on 23 September 2015
Open and Public Excluded Minutes of the Tenders Committee meeting held on Wednesday 23 September 2015, copies having been circulated prior to the meeting, were taken as read and confirmed as a true and correct record.
4. Matters Arising from Open and Public Excluded Minutes of the Tenders Committee Held on 23 September 2015
There were no matters arising from the minutes.
Tenders for Taipo Stream at Park Island, Realignment & Enhancement
Mr Laddie Kuta outlined the project to realign and enhance the Taipo Stream. Discussion covered:
· Make or break, or point of difference, for tenders was the price per cubic metre for the earthmoving portion of the contract
· Silverhills Trustees Ltd contribution of $100k is an ‘opportunity’ contribution to offset costs of providing stormwater management on site at the subdivision they are developing, and this contribution must be ‘accounted’ for within legal requirements as HBRC doesn’t collect ‘development contributions’
· Additional land made available through the development will possibly be used for additional hockey pitches, as per NCC LTP, however final decision on what the land is used for will be determined through the ‘regional facilities plan’ process.
· Once all costs paid, any savings from the budget will be ‘transferred’ to other enhancement and planting projects within the Taipo catchment.
That the Tenders Committee:
1. Agrees that the decisions to be made are not significant under the criteria contained in Council’s adopted policy on significance and that the Committee can exercise its discretion under Sections 79(1)(a) and 82(3) of the Local Government Act 2002 and make decisions on this issue without conferring directly with the community.
2. Accepts the conforming lowest price tender from Gair Contracting and agrees to this project proceeding on 18 January 2016 with expected completion by 26 February 2016.
There being no further business the Chairman declared the meeting closed at 10.20am on Wednesday 4 November 2015.
Signed as a true and correct record.
DATE: ................................................ CHAIRMAN: ...............................................