MINUTES OF A meeting of the Regional Council
Date: Tuesday 31 January 2012
Hawke's Bay Regional Council
159 Dalton Street
A J Dick
E von Dadelszen
In Attendance: A Newman – Chief Executive
EA Lambert – Group Manager External Relations
P Drury – Group Manager Corporate Services
L Hooper – Governance & Corporate Administration Manager
The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting and Councillor Gilbertson offered the prayer. Councillors Rose and Kirton, and Mr Mohi were absent.
2. Conflict of Interest Declarations
There were no conflict of interest declarations.
3. Confirmation of Minutes of the Regional Council Meeting Held on 14 December 2011
Minutes of the Regional Council Meeting held on Wednesday, 14 December 2011, a copy having been circulated prior to the meeting, were taken as read and confirmed as a true and accurate record.
4. Matters Arising From Minutes of the Regional Council Meeting Held on Wednesday 14 December 2011
There were no matters arising from the minutes.
Recommendations From Corporate and Strategic Committee
This item was taken as read and previously debated at the Corporate and Strategic Committee meeting.
Appointment of Independent Members of the Investment Company Transition Board of Directors
1. Agrees that the decisions to be made are not significant under the criteria contained in Council’s adopted policy on significance and that Council can exercise its discretion under Sections 79(1)(a) and 82(3) of the Local Government Act 2002 and make decisions on this issue without conferring directly with the community and persons likely to be affected by or to have an interest in the decision due to the nature and significance of the issue to be considered and decided.
2. Confirms the appointment of Messrs Jim Scotland, Sam Robinson and Dr Andy Pearce as independent Directors to the Hawke’s Bay Regional Investment Company Transition Board. The term of their appointments is to expire on 31 December 2013.
3. Confirms that the Transition Board is to undertake a formal review of the Company and Board performance by 31 August 2013.
4. Confirms that Directors fees be set for the three independent Directors at $15,000 per annum and if an independent Director is elected by the Transition Board members as the Chairman of the Transition Board, then the fee to be paid to the Chairman is to be set at $21,500 per annum. These Directors’ fees are to be reviewed at the time of the appointment of a full Board, namely 31 December 2013.
for: Dick, McGregor, Scott, Gilbertson, von Dadelszen, Wilson
5. General Business
The passing of Reay Paku, who served on the Maori Committee for 12 years, was noted. (Scott)
The Napier Civic Service held Sunday in Napier – topic was wetlands and Warwick Hesketh was the presenter. Feedback was very positive and the $719 donations collected will be given to HBRC for purchasing plants for the Harakeke project. (Scott)
Museum redevelopment – some councillors attended a function at the archive facility where museum exhibits are being held while the construction is underway and found it very worthwhile. (McGregor)
30 registrations received so far for the field day at 1pm on Thursday 2 February at Shag Rock. (McGregor)
There being no further business the Chairman declared the meeting closed at 9.20am on Tuesday, 31 January 2012.
Signed as a true and correct record.
DATE: ................................................ CHAIRMAN: ...............................................