Meeting of the Hawke's Bay Regional Council
Date: Wednesday 24 November 2010
Hawke's Bay Regional Council
159 Dalton Street
Item Subject Page
19. Recommendations from the Maori Committee
Wednesday 24 November 2010
SUBJECT: Recommendations from the Maori Committee
REASON FOR REPORT:
1. The following matters were considered by the Maori Committee on Tuesday, 23 November 2010 and are now presented to Council for consideration and approval.
DECISION MAKING PROCESS:
2. These items have all been specifically considered at the Committee level.
Appointment of Tangata Whenua Representatives to the Maori Committee
That Council confirms the decision that:
1. Pat Hohipa, Fred McRoberts, and Adrian Manuel representing the Wairoa area; Heitia Hiha, Arapera Riki, Jan Aspinall representing the Ahuriri area; Haami Hilton, Peter Paku and Marei Apatu, representing the Heretaunga area; Mike Mohi, Liz Graham and Morry Black representing the Tamatea area, be appointed as members of the Māori Committee of the Hawke's Bay Regional Council.
2. Miriama Hammond (Wairoa) be nominated as short term replacement member of the Committee.
(Note: Only Councillors McGregor, Remmerswaal and Gilbertson are able to vote on this item.)
Election of Chairman of the Maori Committee
1. That Council confirms the decision that Mr Mike Mohi be appointed as Chairman of the Maori Committee.
Human Resources Manager